Tuesday, March 18, 2014

The Daily Grind of Your Average 12 Year Old......

For this post, I've decided to take you all into the daily life of none other than yours truly! Considering how boring my life normally is, I’ll try to add a little drama. So, brace yourselves. It’s going to be a long (and possibly traumatizing) ride.

Every morning, after somehow managing to drag myself out of bed, I get ready, fork down my breakfast, attempt to plait my hair, fail and then make my mom do it for me (yes, my mom still plaits my hair. Deal with it). I then walk to the bus stop and, if I haven’t already missed my bus, get on and hopefully find an unoccupied window seat. If I don’t find such a seat, I bribe one of the gullible little children with a few biscuits.

When we finally reach school, I walk to my classroom and join my friends. As almost all of them don’t know the singers, youtubers and other stuff that I'm into, I just sit there as they talk about some Bollywood actor’s latest movie or song or something. Eventually, we start our classes. Seriously speaking, I don’t mind most of them. You could even say that I like sitting there and filling my brain with information, even if I may not really be using said information in the future. There are just two parts I don’t particularly find fun-

1: Hindi and Konkani. I’m just not really a second language person. Unless that second language is Korean, then I’d be the first person to sign up.

2: I never get the chance to answer questions. It’s always, “Rhea, put your hand down. Give the other kids a chance” or “Who can answer this question? No Rhea. Just no.”

But, anyway, if I manage to survive all that, I get in the bus and try to ignore the 3rd grade kids who keep shouting not very friendly Konkani words at me. After I get home, I attempt to get into my jeans that I just bought but don’t fit into anymore because I may have had a little too much Häagen-Dazs on the night before. 

Then I head out for my Konkani tutions, get back, stuff my face, watch some Sherlock or Castle, Cycle a bit, Look at some stuff on the net, stuff my face again and eventually go to bed where I fall asleep as I  look back on the day and think about how I’m going to improve on so many things on the next day, wake up in the morning and be all like, “Meh.”

And then repeat it all again.

Unless it’s Sunday. Because Sunday is nutella day. 

No comments:

Post a Comment