Wednesday, March 05, 2014

Book Review-Mockingjay

The final book in the hunger games trilogy by Suzanne Collins


The end is finally here, the end of my pre-teen stage (yes, I’m finally turning 13!) and the end of an epic series. So, let’s get on with the reviewing, shall we? After the WICKED suspense at the end of catching fire (the previous book, duh), it was really nice to finally start reading the last installment....OK, you called my bluff, I had all the books with me so I actually didn't have to wait to get my hands on the next book, however those few seconds that I took to open said book was suspense enough. I’m going to catch you up with what happened at the end of the last book.


Katniss and Peeta are put back into the arena along with the other victors for the 75th annual hunger games as it is the quarter quell. They devise a master plan along with Beetee, Finnick and a few other victors, however suddenly, something explodes...its chaos and suddenly Katniss wakes up on some sort of hospital bed, alone, she gets up, walks around and finds a few of her compadres. In the end she realizes that everyone has been in on a plan to keep Katniss alive. Why? Because the districts are rebelling, and Katniss is the face of this rebellion that she herself did not know of until recently.

Yes, THE DISTRICTS ARE REBELLING!!!!!! I don’t know if you’re as excited as me, but all I know is you darn well should be. Katniss is safe, Gale is safe, Mrs. Everdeen and Prim are safe........Peeta is not. He’s been taken captive by the Capitol. There is no district 12 anymore. District 13, however, is still alive and Katniss is the rebels’ mockingjay. I shall say no more about the content of this book after this one little thing. !!SPOILER ALERT!! Alas, Katniss does not end up with whom I hoped. This isn't very shocking considering the fact that when most people hoped she'd choose Gale or Peeta, I was rooting for Cinna. Yes, Cinna. ENOUGH ABOUT THAT.

Suzanne Collins has won many an award in the 51 years she’s spent here on the surface of the earth. She’s been awarded the 2011 California Young Reader medal, the 2010 Georgia Peach Book Awards for Teen Readers and has also just this second been awarded with the much sought after title of being one my favourite authors. BRAVO MRS. COLLINS!

But, on a more serious note, I am obsessed with her work and I hope she comes out with another amazing series, good enough to even outshine the hunger games. I shall miss reviewing you hunger games, but fear not! There are other books out there! Unless........ Unless you don’t want me too, in which case ;-;

No comments:

Post a Comment